Green Eggs & Ham

It occurred to me today as I was preparing Emery's eggs, that I cook her GREEN eggs, just like the cat in the hat story. I know it sounds strange, but hear me out. After reading Jessica Seinfeld's book Deceptively Delicious, it got me (and my mother) thinking of ways to sneak vegetables in. We eat a ton of vegetables on our own but if you could get more in, then why not? My mom was the one who actually first thought of this, and now we have adapted it as our own. So every morning before I cook Emery's egg, I put a little butter (we use the Land O'Lakes butter that is cut with Canola Oil) in the pan and then grate zucchini in, let it cook for about a minute or two then crack the egg and scramble (I always add a little cheese too). Its actually pretty good. We make egg scrambles some mornings too with mushrooms and spinach but this is our staple breakfast. Zucchini's are chock full of health benefits so that is an added plus. You could grate in really almost anything if you wanted, carrots, potatoes, etc. Just thought I would share my little mom tip! Plus its fun when they get older and you can read them the book! Enjoy! ;)





No comments: