chic appetite is back!

So i know I have been on a major hiatus, but all for good reasons. I've had lots of changes in the last year and a half...heres the quick version. Quit my job. Moved to Spokane, Washington. Got a new job. Found out I was pregnant. Had a baby. Went on maternity leave. Magazine I was working for went under. So here I am stay at home mom to my beautiful little girl Emery.

Life is SO good. Life has changed. And so my cooking has changed. Now its the weekends that I might make a more difficult dish or time consuming dish and weeknights its about getting something on the table that is delicious, healthy, and easy to make. I don't think by any means this means boring meals, or that you should get in a rut either of making the same five dishes every week. I take the time usually on a Sunday to really think about my food and plan it out. I also have made all of Emery's food, and she LOVES it! It is so cool to see her taste buds evolve, and Im transitioning her these next two months into table food, so again I think my cooking might change a little there as well.

I will use Chic Appetite as a place where I can share recipes, ones I create and ones I find in my various cookbooks, blogs, websites, and t.v. A place where I will share this journey of making food for my little girl. And for my Spokane followers I want to share some of my favorite restaurants in the area.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back! I'm excited to see what you come up with! :)